We had a full and fun day at the San Diego Zoo while we were in California. Nick was really in to this trip. I'm going to have a hard time convincing him our zoo is cool after seeing SO many kinds of animals here.

There is a good dose of Rach pictures from this trip...I think Nick was busy exploring and soaking it all in!
Some people say Rachel looks like me. Hmmm...I'm not sure. ;)
This baby panda was SO adorable.
Up up and away!

Nick was fascinated by the elephants. There was an elderly elephant receiving care for her injured foot. Nick watched most of her treatment and then stared in amazement while she ate her food. He has never seen an elephant eat with its trunk before and he just couldn't get enough of it.
Peter enjoyed Rachel as the "Over Hunting Theorist" and the..
"Climate Change Theorist". She is going to change the world!

Watch out bird! Rachel is gonna get 'cha!

Good buddies...
... and more good buddies. :)

The day ended with Nick riding in the "flying buckets". Grandma and Grandpa took him on a trip across the zoo and back.
The rest of us waited patiently for them to come back. Next we hopped over to a Sea Lion show. Nick wasn't as excited about the show as I thought he'd be. Then very carefully and thoughtfully after the show he told Peter "go in the flying buckets again please?". I'm convinced he was sitting there the whole show trying to figure out what he could say to get another ride. :)
It didn't take much convicing. Grandma and Grandpa were happy to take him up across the zoo again!
No comments:
Post a Comment