Saturday, March 06, 2010

A Day at the Museums

Okay, I'm going to dive in to our Califorina trip one outing at a time. There will be a repeat of a few pics so I can keep them all together.

Our first full day there we hit a few museums in Balboa Park.

Our first stop was the Air and Space museum.


Nick loved looking at all the planes. He was especially taken by this Zeppelin.

Like I said before he found this airplane that was the perfect size for him.

Here he is blasting off. His favorite show right now is Little Einsteins. In each episode he helps Rocket take off by patting and clapping. So thats what he is doing here....he also did it when we took off in the real airplane. :)

Peter squeezed in to this airplane as Nick explored all of the controls.

Maybe now is a good time to expain the magic of Jon. Rachel doesn't like ANYONE holding her expect me and Peter. Really, she didn't fully accept Peter until about a month ago. BUT she loved Jon. He could hold her, take her away from me and do anything with her. Amazing.

Next we headed over to the Train Museum. Nick loved all the trains, played with the multiple Thomas sets throughout the museum. Rachel liked them too. We'll have to wait and see if she'll have the same train obsession as Nick does but she was happy to watch the quick moving trains, look at the colorful displays and play with all of the train toys.

They had a little kids room where Nick got to drive his very own train. He could have stayed here all day.

Next we met up with Opa and his girlfriend Margit. This is also when Nick had his first taste of "spicy juice". We also called it "San Diego juice" so he wouldn't expect more when he got home. :)


1 comment:

Jon Marcu said...

I know I'm amazing tell all the ladies haha.... awesome vacation :) had an awesome time with the family I'll be back up to Seattle to visit everyone soon.