Its Tomato Tuesday and once again its packed with so many exciting things. First, the normal update...the tomato is looking a little beaten as always but it grew several inches in the 80+ degree weather we had. The big news is that it has two flowers! Yippee!
Height: 21 inches
Width: 9 inches (Nick pulled off part of a leaf)
Sign of tomatoes! Two flowers!

Here is a close up of the the first two flowers...
Height: 21 inches
Width: 9 inches (Nick pulled off part of a leaf)
Sign of tomatoes! Two flowers!
Here is a close up of the the first two flowers...
I thought I'd spice things up a little bit and show my baby sunflowers. I transferred a few to larger pots today and plan to move the others soon. I have three different varieties all ranging in height from tall to really tall.
Finally, there are a few of you (I won't mention names) who think I'm a little crazy for blogging about my tomato. So in effort to confirm my craziness I'd like to show you where I get it from...my Grandmother! Truth is it runs in the family...my Dad grows veggies in his greenhouse window and my brothers both have large backyard garden boxes. So really my production is quite small and needs some improvement if I'm to keep up the family tradition!
Here is my Grandmother proudly posing with her tomato...

2 comments:
Thanks for the update! I'll be able to sleep better knowing your tomato is still growing.
If we only had some of that 80+ degree Fresno weather, your tomato plant would be as happy as your grandmother's!
Post a Comment