I just came across these pics and remembered I STILL need to share them. So let me take you back to December... :)
We made the trip up to Bellingham to see Santa again this year. My favorite photographers (Evantide Photography) Aaron and Meg take pics up there and its a good excuse to go on a mini getaway.
I knew this year would be rough with Rachel. I tried to prepare her.
Me: "Rachel, we are going to go see Santa. Will you sit on his lap?"
Rachel: "No"
Rachel: "Rachel kiss Santa. Hug Santa. No sit lap."
Well, she didn't kiss or hug Santa and she didn't enjoy his lap either. Better luck next year??? Since I knew she was going to cry I prepared Nick and told him that Rachel wasn't going to be happy and that he needed to ignore her (he might otherwise be concerned or distracted by her crying) and just smile. Good boy. :)
Nick sat down first. I asked Aaron if he was ready for a quick picture and then I launched her in to Santa's lap and ran away as fast as I could.
We got 3 pics of her and Saint Nick. She was probably there for a good 15 seconds.
Nick LOVED the whole experience. He was one happy boy.
Then it was time to tell Santa what he wanted for Christmas. He'd practiced this moment for at least a month, probably two. After a brief awkward moment....
Nick got serious with Santa and asked for a truck. :)
And once Rachel calmed down she asked Santa for a pink bean bag. She was at least 10 feet away from him and said it in a voice as loud as a mouse but I'm sure he heard her. ;)







No comments:
Post a Comment