Nick and I were outside yesterday enjoying the beautiful weather. He was looking up in the sky, pointed to the moon (yes, it was out during the day) and looked at me. I said "that is the moon". From that moment on the moon has been his latest obsession. He loves finding the moon in several of his books but had never seen the real one before.

Since it was daytime the moon was exciting but also forgettable so we went inside and I told him we'd look at again when it got dark. Well we did and Nick wouldn't stop talking about it and asked to go outside every second to see it until bedtime. We'd go outside and he'd point to it and then come back in and he'd point to the front door and say "Moo, moo, moo!". Luckly Peter came home in the middle of this and we took turns taking Nick outside until finally after a few hours we said bye to the moon and Nick blew it a kiss. So cute.


I haven't reminded Nick of the moon today but I'm sure he'll find it tonight. Oh, I also showed him the stars because he loves those too but all he wanted was the "Moo"!
1 comment:
That is so very cute. Do you have the book Goodnight Moon?
Post a Comment