We had an awesome time celebrating Nick's 4th birthday yesterday!
We started the day with presents and waffles sprinkled in M&Ms.
Rachel was especially excited for Nick to open the present she picked out for him. I took her shopping the day before (because she's not very good at keeping a secret) to get something for Nick. She chose his present all by herself and kept saying "Nick will love it! Nick will love it!".
Nick actually found the present we got for him a few weeks ago. I convinced him it was for someone else so he was extra excited to see it again on his birthday.
After presents we headed to the Sepentarium in Monroe.
We saw lots of interesting animals like this two headed turtle and a huge alligator.
Nick and Rachel were excited to see all the animals. They got to crawl under the anaconda cage and get a better view of him from below.
Nick was fasinated by all the snakes and made sure we didn't miss any of them.
Nick was so excited to hold the snakes. It didn't take him long to learn how to hold the snake and he was very comfortable letting the snake slither around his neck and arms.
Rachel was brave too.
Most of the snakes were very active including this rattler.
I didn't like the spider room at all but Nick did. So here is one of the many tranachulas.
I think Nick's favorite caged snake was this huge Boa. He visited him several times.
Nick had about 3 turns holding this snake. I think the snake was getting comfortable with Nick because he climbed up Nick's jersey which of coarse made Nick laugh.
A fun family day! Happy 4th Birthday Nick!
1 comment:
What a great place for a boy's 4th birthday! (and apparently for his little sister too!) We may have to check this out someday!
Post a Comment