Saturday, April 10, 2010

Just Nick

Like most 2 1/2 year olds Nick doesn't sit still very well and for the last 6-12 months I've had to work REALLY hard for him to smile for the camera. So you can image my pure happiness when he decided to play along with me during Rachel's 11 month photo shoot.

I thought this would be a good opportunity to update the blog on Nick's new and interesting favorite things.

He loves pants with pockets (ones without pockets aren't getting much use), money (coins, pretend or real, giving and getting), pushing his sister over like a bowling pin (I hope this will pass soon)

He likes being a funny guy, dancing and can be caught singing the theme song to Little Einsteins and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. He asks A LOT of questions including WHY? to EVERYTHING. For example I've had this conversation with him several times:
Me: Nick its time to eat dinner
Nick: Why?
Me: Because we are hungry
Nick: Why?
Me: Because we need food so we'll have energy to play
Nick: Why?

He thinks filling his cheeks with air is funny. Popping them is even better. He pretends A LOT. He is often some sort of animal. Anything from an elephant to a humpback whale. He loves his blue blanket, his little stuffed cat Stuffy, his polar bear Whitey and listening to a classical version of Freres Jacques (Are You Sleeping) to fall asleep at night.

No comments: