Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Guitar Hero Obsession

It's official. Nick is obsessed with Guitar Hero. Seriously, really, I'm not kidding. As you may know Peter and Nick have been playing Guitar Hero on and off since Nick was born. Within the last month or so Nick has really been getting in to it and asking to play every day at least once a day. He has a whole routine with Peter where he asks to go downstairs, he turns on the xBox, grabs the guitar, tells Peter where to sit and waits in excitement for the action to start. He sits in Peter's lap or dances down on the floor. I tried playing with him yesterday and he grabbed the guitar from me and wanted to play by himself. I guess I just don't do it like Daddy. So the new thing (when Peter isn't home) is he'll sit on the couch, I'll put the guitar on him (which he can almost do himself) and away he goes. Since he doesn't hit any of the notes he fails the song and has learned to push the green button to start over. Good lesson in colors too! ;)
Here he is today. Remember, all I did was put the guitar on his lap. The button pushing and strumming are all him. He is SO focused. His mouth is open in the first pic because he is singing along to Barracuda.






I can't leave out a picture of the boys playing together. This was on Thanksgiving. Sometimes Nick will "play" with the normal controller if Peter has the guitar.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hah that is so great! I love the open mouthed concentration stare.

Anonymous said...

so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!