Thursday, August 30, 2007

Lots o’ Babies

About 6 months ago an unbelievable trend started. Call it the December power outage baby surge or call it luck but friend after friend announced their pregnancy. Now within the next 5 weeks we are one of 7 couples expecting a baby. There are 3 boys, 3 girls and one unknown. As you would expect there are plans for sharing pictures, stories and play dates. There are soccer teams forming and marriages being arranged (okay maybe not). The first of the 7 was born yesterday evening. Welcome baby Natalie! Congratulations Nate and Jessica!
The pregnancy phenomenon doesn’t stop there. At work, two people that sit within 10 feet of me are related to people named Ashley who have had babies within the last few weeks. I’ll be the third and final to deliver. It seems like there are babies everywhere! It must be the year of the Golden Pig

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pete and Ashley! I know it's been a long time (and I hope you don't mind that a few months ago Nate & Jess shared your "news" with us AND your blog) and I've been checking "in" with you ever
since! I'm so excited for you (and
for your parents too)! Along with many, many others - we, too are anxiously awaiting the arrival of Baby Boy Marcu!! It will be pretty
special for your little guy and Jansen & Baby Natalie to grow up as friends just as Peter and Nate have been friends for so many years! Congratulations!